Sunday, July 1, 2012

Our first assignment has been about exploration of various web resources.  I have found it overwhelming.  The number of really great resources that I have discovered so far is phenomenal and although I am using Diigo to help organize, I sometimes get off on tangents and forget where I started.  I am beginning to build a library and am considering how best to implement some of these new ideas in my classroom.  While I have the list on Diigo, I am not sure how best to organize that either.  Here is a link to my current library.
http://www.diigo.com/user/lskilang

Our school is moving toward a focus on Google - google docs for organizing and sharing and while I am on board, this has also been overwhelming.  By the end of the school year, I was so inundated with shared documents that I found it difficult to find my own documents.  Though I realize that this is a matter of figuring out how to put things in folders, etc, I have yet to figure it out.

This course is helping me to see the other opportunities available on Google and I really do think that I would like to start a class blog.  I now have this account and glog account though I have not done too much with them.  I thought that the glog would be more conducive to working with different classes and setting up a creative site.  Loved this site ... http://missbakersbiologyclass.com/blog/

I am still a little leery of twitter and social networking sites.  Some people at our school use them, but I am not comfortable with that.  In fact, I am not sure I am that comfortable with all of the "joining" I have been doing over the past week or so.  However... I am continuing to move along on the learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment