Monday, July 9, 2012

Web Explorations

Just recently, I was sent a Prezi from my son's school about their math program.  While the thought was appreciated, the mechanics of this program and the potential of this presentation were severely underutilized.  Although I am not a Prezi user, I have been doing a little exploring on it and I think the potential for use in the classroom is tremendous for increasing interest and connections. 
http://prezi.com/
Obviously this is a great tool for students to present their assignments and ideas.  They are always so much more intune with technology and how to manipulate these programs and come up with creative ideas for presenting information.  Although this is a great tool for students,  as I continue to work through this course, I am most intrigued with exploring this type of media for improving the material I present when introducing new units.  PowerPoint presentations have their place, but with Prezi, you can add so much more dimension and provide the big picture key ideas while inserting the supplemental interesting information and connections with better organization and hopefully a better capacity to generate interest in the topic.  Addition of you tube videos, key ideas, illustrations, flow charts that can be organized in very complex ways is pretty awesome.  Now.. to begin the work or reorganizing materials. 




No comments:

Post a Comment